Art. People also come to Sedona to explore the many local art galleries. With over forty galleries displaying every type of art imaginable, Sedona is considered to be a premier destination for art lovers from all over the world. It is one of the main artistic centers in the Southwest, which has its own distinctive types of art.
Many artists choose to live and create their art in Sedona, partly because so much natural art exists in the environment, and partly because the energy of Sedona feels so very good for creative people, and is conducive for them to do extremely fine work. Click here for a list of Sedona's art galleries.
This beautiful 14" high bronze sculpture by Heather Soderberg is entitled Lady of the Lake.
The Town. Sedona is a town of about 15000 people, with the most stunning scenery of red rocks you can see anywhere on this planet. In addition to the magnificent beauty of the red rock canyons and cliffs, Sedona is also close to a number of Indian ruins. Some ruins are National Monuments, while the Honanki and Palatki ruins are in Coconino National Forest just outside Sedona.
Sedona is located on highway 89A in Arizona, about 30 miles south of Flagstaff, and 110 miles north of Phoenix. The climate in Sedona is of special interest because it is quite different from other areas in Arizona. Although Sedona is not far from Flagstaff, its climate is very different from Flagstaff's colder and snowy climate where the snow can sometimes stay for months in the winter. And although Sedona is only a 2 hour drive from Phoenix, its climate is also very different from the hot desert climate of Phoenix. This is because Phoenix is at 1000 feet elevation, Flagstaff is at 7000 feet, and Sedona is in between at 4500 feet. This gives Sedona a nice, comfortable climate with fairly mild seasons and only 8 inches of snow a year, which is almost always gone within a day.
Links to Information about Sedona
General Sedona Information
- Sedona Information
- Sedona Maps, Weather, and Other Resources
- City of Sedona
- Experience Sedona
- Sedona Vortex Connection
- Sedona Chamber of Commerce
- Arizona Guide: Sedona
- Sedona USA
- The Sedona WebCam
- Sedona Packages - Sedona Business Directory includes tours, accommodation, etc.
- Sedona Concierge Services - Healing treatments, Psychic readings, Vortex experiences, Sacred tours, etc.
Art & Culture
- Sedona Tours, Attractions and Outdoor Activities
- Sedona Sacred Journeys
- Earth Wisdom Jeep Tours
- Air Tours: Red Rock Biplane Tours
- Sedona Vortex Tours
- Sedona Red Rock Jeep Tours
- Canyon Spirit Botanical Ventures
- Sedona Spirit Journeys
- Claudia Coronado Spiritual Tours
Hiking & Camping
Links to Sedona's Spiritual Community
- Web site of Dr. David R. Hawkins
- John and Micki's Metaphysical Page
- New Heaven, New Earth
- The Earthkeepers
- Center for Human Potential
- The Cosmic Palette
- The International Order of Gnostic Templars
- Angel Valley Spiritual Retreat Center
- Higher Self Discovery
- Sedona Metaphysical Spiritual Association
- Spirit 2 Spirit Communications
- 100 Healings - Giving free healings to healers!
- Shangri-La Sedona - for Seeking Souls in Sedona